Sunday 11 August 2013

Aug 6- Ultrasound and Mac Visit

I had an Ultrasound Aug 6 and everything looks good. So far there is no damage to the intestines showing, although it sounds like they don't expect damage yet. Baby is growing well and measuring where he/she should be for dates (I was 26 weeks) They estimate weight to be around 1 lb, 9 oz right now. According to the ultrasound there is no signs of labor yet.
We met the Dr who will be following the pregnancy. She says they will probably induce between 36-37 weeks because the lungs are developed by then, but they want to prevent as much of the late pregnancy damage as possible. This means our baby will be born mid to late October, if Baby doesn't decide to come sooner on its own.
Many of you have asked how I'm doing, and really for now I'm OK. I had a hard time when we first got the diagnosis, but we have come to accept it (Dennis much quicker then I did). I know that this is the Lords will, and He has a plan for good in this as well. This child is His first, and He loves Baby even more then I do. Everything is in his Fatherly hand,  He Cares, for this baby, and for our family. There is nothing I can do for Baby right now, so I am enjoying the summer with my family.  Our wedding text has been bringing comfort these last few weeks, It was Psalm 121, with the focus then on the last verse, which the minister (uncle Matt) described as a summery of the entire psalm:

Psalm 121

A song of ascents.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains –
    where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip –
    he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you –
    the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm –
    he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
    both now and for evermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment